Sports Medicine – Resistance Band and Cord Versatility
The sports medicine industry has seen a large number of treatment innovations and options come and go over the last 50 years. Resistance bands and cords have survived and flourished because they have been proven to be a beneficial tool for patients of any strength level. In this blog we’ll go into more detail as to why resistance cords are such a great option for low-impact rehabilitation.
Why are Resistance Bands and Cords Beneficial for Rehabilitation?
1. Great for Rehabilitation at Home – If you’re recovering from a sports injury, you likely have been encouraged by your physical therapist to do a wide array of rehabilitation exercises at home. With resistance bands, you can have the best home-based rehab program possible. Resistance bands can help rehab patients improve stability and strengthen muscles in the comfort of their own homes.
2. Beneficial for Sedentary Lifestyles – When individuals are rehabilitating from an injury, they often will avoid weight machines and dumbbells for fear of injury. The problem with this approach is that it can encourage a sedentary lifestyle, which can lead to other health problems. Resistance cord training can benefit anyone regardless of how active they are after an injury. These rehabilitation tools can also help people with a sedentary lifestyle ease back into more activity.
3. Improve Muscular Strength – Resistance bands can challenge individuals across all fitness levels, even those who are extremely fit. This is why professional athletes use resistance bands across all major sports, including a large number of Olympians.
MediCordz® Resistance Gear from NZ Manufacturing is designed specifically for rehabilitation and injury prevention.
Now that you’ve seen the many benefits that you can achieve with resistance bands, we’d like to show you several resistance cord options from NZ Manufacturing that can help you recover more quickly from injury, or to add to your existing workout regimen.
- MediCordz® Modular Bungie Cordz M3494 & M3497 – Our modular bungie cordz can be used for a wide array of physical rehabilitation exercises to help improve agility, strengthen muscles and prevent future injury.
- MediCordz® Bungie Upper Body Kit M400 – The upper body kit allows patients to perform a full upper body workout using our high quality bungie cordz.
- MediCordz® Tubing Rehab Kit M380 – Physical therapists love our M380 tubing rehab kit, which offers a full conditioning system that can be used for both upper and lower body exercises. With 10 resistance levels to choose from you can buy additional cords for your kit to ensure it works for patients across all skill levels.
Reach Out to NZ Manufacturing to Learn More Today
If you’re intrigued about how our MediCordz® Bungie Cordz can be used to help you or your patients recover more quickly from injury, we’re ready to assist you in any way we can. We’ve been constantly innovating our products to ensure we’re providing the highest quality resistance cords to our customers. We have a large customer list that features many universities as well as countless Olympic athletes. These athletes and organizations understand just how important resistance cords can be as an integral part of an effective rehabilitation program. Give our team a call today at 800-886-6621 or reach out to us via our contact form if you have any questions about our products.